I chose to photograph the pathway lit up by the sunlight. It reminded me of a secret pathway and somewhat Secret Garden-ish like the movie :). It holds a sense of curiosity and intrigue I feel that really makes the viewer wonder where it leads and what the end of the path holds in store for them. I really enjoyed the whole greenhouse in general, it was warm and once you stepped in there it was like you were on a different continent. It's cold, ugly and dead outside and in here everything was alive and warm, and its what I wanted to portray in the photo. Somewhere different and a special place people can go to and call it there own. The picture is what the viewer makes it.Monday, March 8, 2010
I chose to photograph the pathway lit up by the sunlight. It reminded me of a secret pathway and somewhat Secret Garden-ish like the movie :). It holds a sense of curiosity and intrigue I feel that really makes the viewer wonder where it leads and what the end of the path holds in store for them. I really enjoyed the whole greenhouse in general, it was warm and once you stepped in there it was like you were on a different continent. It's cold, ugly and dead outside and in here everything was alive and warm, and its what I wanted to portray in the photo. Somewhere different and a special place people can go to and call it there own. The picture is what the viewer makes it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really like the photograph; how you can see the stone pathway and the light through the plants. I think the picture is really interesting compositionally, because the light really makes this picture. The writing added alot to this picture, because of your ideas about a secret pathway like in the Secret Garden-ish : ). I hadn't thought of it until you said it, but it really does seem like a special place that would be fun to explore. I would describe this picture as sunlight pouring through the leaves of greenery that illuminates a small stone pathway. I really like this picture and your description of it.
ReplyDelete